About the Spinning Jenny
The Spinning Jenny has a fascinating and varied past. Originally constructed as a grocery store, it has housed a feed and seed, roller skating rink, wrestling rink, heavy metal music room, Opry house, and is now, at last, a Leisure Center and Music Hall. Many locals have strong, affectionate memories of getting a drink at the soda fountain or bringing their children to the roller skating rink. It has been a Greer institution for almost 70 years.
Now under new management and with an upfit, 107 Cannon Street is ready for her next phase in life. Featuring Music, Dance, Theatre, Weddings, Meetings, Community Events, Festivals, and more, The Spinning Jenny is becoming a vital part of the downtown Greer community.
Conveniently located between Spartanburg and Greenville and just off of I-85, The Spinning Jenny is perfectly positioned to reach the Upstate.
If you have any questions about upcoming events or booking, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- No weapons (including mace/pepper spray and swiss army knives) or items that can be perceived as weapons (including clothing, i.e. spikes) are allowed inside the venue.
- Outside beverages not allowed!
- Backpacks, oversized bags, iPads, laptops, tablets, selfie sticks… not allowed! WE DO NOT HAVE A COAT CHECK NOR WILL WE HOLD ANY ITEMS FOR YOU. Leave these items at home or in your car!
- We have the right to refuse admission or ask you to leave if you try to bring any of these items inside the venue.
- 8,000 sq. ft listening area
- 12.5' from floor to ceiling
- Parking lot beside venue, additional parking to the side, parking allowed all along Cannon Street
- Ticket/merch area at entrance lobby
- Bar serves beer, wine, soft drinks, and coffee (sometimes food is served or food trucks park outside)
- Performer's entrance behind stage (can park right by the door)
- Bathroom available backstage
- Back section is 23x 8', front section is 30'x10' (484 sq. ft) 3 ft. rise
- 9.5' from stage to ceiling
- 4x 20 amp at back of stage behind curtains for FOH , 2x 20 amp upstage, 1x 20 amp center stage, 2x 20 amp downstage
- Ramp access stage left and stairs stage right
Front of House
- 2 Way Stereo Setup (internal crossovers in the 835's are quite good)
- 2x JBL SRX835 mains (3 way speakers with 15” woofers and 3” voice coils ) amped with two Crown XTI6002's (2400 watts per side)
- 2 x JBL SRX828sp powered dual 18” 2000W subwoofers
- System processing done with built in DSP on subs and XTI. We usually run a stereo send to the tops and a separate mono send to the subs.
- Behringer X32 32 channel Digital Mixer with matching S32 digital snake
- Dedicated 20 amp power at sound booth
- 4xYamaha SM12V monitors (12” driver with 2” horn)
- Drum Fill: JBL Eon15 G2 over a Carvin SCX1118a sub
Mics* More mics can often be negotiated, but this is all that is always at the Spinning Jenny
- 3x Shure Sm58 vocal mics
- 3x Shure Sm57 instrument mics
- 1x Shure Beta58 vocal mic
- 1x Shure Beta 52a kick mic
- 1x Shure Sm48 vocal mic
- CAD drum mic set with kick, snare, 2 tom, and 2 overhead mics
- 2x Behringer C-2 Small Diaphragm condensers
- 1x Sennheiser E906 instrument mic
- 8x dimmable white par cans
- 4x Chauvet Slimpar 56's
- 2x Chauvet FX par 9
- 6x Chauvet Slimpar56
- 4x Chauvet Slimpar38
- 1x20 amp power for uplight bar and 1x 20 amp power for backlight bar
- Dell laptop running QLC+ dmx software
- Enttec Open DMX usb interface
- Chauvet Djh1200 hazer w/ time or wireless remote (must go easy on fog because of type of smoke detectors)
- lighting plot available for guest light technicians
- 4 passive DI boxes ( 2 rapco, 1 whirlwind, 1 Behringer)
- 1 Active Behringer DI
- 1 Rapco stereo 1/8” to dual xlr box
- Enough XLR for 32 channels spread around the stage
- 8 boom mic stands
- 1 medium boom stand
- 3 short boom stands
- 3 instrument cables
- RCA and TRS breakout cables
- Drop cords, power splitters, and power strips
For Additional Information
- FOH: Logan Galloway, 864.906.6909
- Hospitality: Sarah Betancourt, 864.382.8904
- General Info/Booking: Sharon Murry, 864.901.8371 or 864.469.6416